Aromatherapy definition: A form of alternative medicine centered around the use of essential oils that are derived from the flowers, leaves, rind or flesh of certain plants thought to have specific healing properties.
Despite what you may think, all products that carry the label “aromatherapy” do not always use essential oils and can therefore not be considered to provide true aromatherapy. Here at PCB, our aromatherapy candles use ONLY the highest quality therapeutic grade essential oils. We use ONLY pure soy wax, pure palm wax and 100% cotton wicks. There is absolutely nothing that is not natural in our aromatherapy candles.
The practice of aromatherapy dates back 5000 years ago to the early Egyptians. In recent years, aromatherapy has really taken off with the increased production of essential oils. Aromatherapy candles are the latest addition to the time-tested ancient practice.
Aromatherapy Soy Wax & Palm Wax Candles
If your only interest is in aromatherapy and not aesthetics, we recommend using our aromatherapy soy candles. The use of soy wax and essential oils simply works the best. The reason for this is because soy wax burns cooler than any other wax. Because of this, soy candles disperse fragrance into the air slowly and steadily. This is ideal when it comes to aromatherapy since you don’t want to be overwhelmed with too much “aroma” all at once. The idea is to slowly take in the fragrance from the essential oils over a period of time.
That being said, palm wax aromatherapy candles can be used just as effectively. Just place the candle further away from you and make sure the room is well ventilated. Palm wax burns hotter than soy wax, so the fragrance is released into the air on a less consistent basis.
Due to the fact that we use pure soy wax with our aromatherapy soy candles, over time, the outside of the candle may become frosted. This is actually a good way to tell if a candle is truly made from 100% pure soy wax. When soy wax cools, the molecular structure of the wax changes and produces a frosted effect. This is why we use an all natural soy wax blend for our regular jar candles.
The following is a suggested way to use your aromatherapy candles; it is by no means the only way you can use them. When you are not using these candles for aromatherapy and simply using them as a jar candle, please see the jar candle buring instructions.
- Find a quiet place.Before lighting your candle, it is very important that you find a quiet place where you will not be disturbed. For some of you, this may be a challenge, but it is integral to the experience. If there is no place else, just go into the bathroom and lock the door behind you.
- Set aside at least 30 minutes.Aromatherapy is something that you should not rush. Although short periods of time can be of some benefit, to get the full effect, 30 minutes to an hour is recommended.
- Relax and enjoy.Relaxation is the most important step here. If you’re not relaxed, the stress will prevent a fully beneficial experience. Just sit back and be in the moment. Let all your worries leave your mind and focus on what you’re experiencing right now.
- Breathe deeply.A good way to be in the moment as well as get the most from the physical aspect of aromatherapy is to breathe slowly and deeply. It may even be helpful to do breathing exercises. If you can, breathe in through your nose and out through your mouth.
- Be positive.Aromatherapy cannot be thought of in the same way most people think of modern medicine. It’s not like a pill you can swallow. It’s important to be positive and believe that whatever physical, mental or emotional problem can be cured. Aromatherapy is meant to assist you in making your life better and to enable you to make those changes yourself.
- Let it go.After you are through, let it go. Don’t dwell on whether or not it worked or didn’t work. Just be positive and continue your day. After time, you will see that aromatherapy does work.
- Never leave candle burning unattended
- Never burn a candle near flammable objects.
- Never place anything on the jar candle while it is burning.
- Keep burning candles away from children or pets.